Here's a short video I made showing how to find unknown winds aloft using an E6B in 5 simple steps.
First you will need:
- True Course
- Ground Speed
- True Airspeed TAS
- Wind Correction Angle
The five steps:
- Start by aligning the true course (your track along the ground) to the true index on the E6B.
- Step 2. Position the grommet over the ground speed.
- Mark your wind dot where the True Airspeed and Wind Correction Angle intersect.
- Rotate the Wind Dot until it is on the true index to read the Wind Direction.
- Read the Wind Speed up from the grommet to the wind dot.
I hope you found these instructions easy to follow, feel free to leave any questions and comments below.
Until next time, blue skies and tail-winds,