Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Goodbye September, Welcome October

The weather out here in western Pennsylvania is transitioning to the cloudy and foggier type, and early morning flights are starting to become a thing of the past. Thursday the 20th was my last flight for September out of KBVI and it was with a guest instructor. 

I was excited to test out the mount I recently acquired for my Galaxy S II and the proper cables to capture audio direct from the intercom of the airplane. However on the takeoff roll the entire mount came loose and fell from the windscreen. I had to concentrate on flying the airplane and ignore the device now resting precariously in my lap. Turning 180 degrees to the right we started climbing out on a right downwind departure. With Bill maintaining shiny side up I was free to try and reattach the camera to the airplane. I have yet to find the perfect place to mount the camera.

We practiced slow-flight, stalls, timed compass turns and unusual attitude recovery. 

Until next time, blue skies and tailwinds.


Power on Stall in N273ND


Unusual Attitude Recovery in N273ND

My apologies for the airframe showing in the video, the quest for the perfect mounting spot goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment